The Safe Easy Way To Trim Your Pet's Nails
- Invented by pet lovers with the help of veterinarians
- Super-bright LED light illuminates the nail for safe grooming
- 5X the magnification & doubles as a nail trapper for the clippings
- Quick-clip precision hardened steel blade trims with ease
- Before cutting, make sure that the LED switch on the Papabear is switched to either the ON or the TRIGGER position. This will help identify the quick of the nail clearly on light/colored nails.
- LED lights illuminate the cutting area to help see while cutting. On light and medium colored nails, the LED will also help illuminate the pet's quick to better identify the proper cutting location. For dark nails, the LEDs may not be powerful enough to see the quick.
- Hold the Papabear trimmer using your dominant hand with the upper handle in your palm. Squeeze the handle a few times to get a feel for how the trimmer works. You will need to squeeze firmly and swiftly without hesitation for best results.
- When using the Papabear trimmer, insert the pet’s nail through the fixed circular blade into the clipping zone.
- While trimming your pet’s nails, make sure you do not cut in to the quick of the nails.Use an abrupt, snapping motion while trimming. If your dog has dark nails and you can’t see the quick, cut a little at a time. When you see a white ring with a small black center, stop
Q: My dog has black nails. Will the LED light illuminate the quicks of the nails?
A: No. The Papabear LED light will only be able to illuminate light or clear colored nails. It may not be able to illuminate the quick of dark or black colored nails.
Q: Can this be used on cats?
A: Yes, the Papabear can be used to trim both dog and cat nails.
Q: Are batteries included?
A: NO, 3 LR33/AG44 batteries are not included.
Q: Will I have to Replace my PAPABEAR Blades?
A: Yes, you will have to replace Papabear Blades. Blades should be replaced when the user notices a drop-in performance or wear. Timing will vary depending on how often you cut your pet's nails, the type of animal, and breed.